Saturday, February 14, 2009
Ally's Friend Party
Poor Ally! She wanted a friend Birthday party so badly this year and we just couldn't find a weekend night free in January to do it! She had finally given up hope when we Daryl and I noticed we had nothing on the calendar for Friday, February 13th. Of course we only noticed this on Wednesday the 11th so we put a quick plan into action--called the Painted Plate (a paint-it-yourself ceramics shop in town), called a few of Ally's friends (who were luckily all free!) got some babysitting set up for the other kids and decided to SURPRISE Ally after school with a very late ("Mom, I can't have a party in February--my birthday was in January!!) birthday party. I told her to meet me after school so I could pick her up and she didn't seem to know anything was going on even though I was surrounded by her group of friends as she walked toward the meeting place. Her friends yelled "Surprise!" and off we went to the Painted Plate. I was lucky to have my friend Susan (Gabby's mom) come along with me for crowd control and photographic duties. The girls had fun creating original art and then we came back home for a quick dinner and cupcakes. It was a fun day with Ally and her friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a fun birthday party-Gabby really loves the Octopus she got to paint. Your creation was pretty good, too! You are more artistic than you let on.
Post a Comment