Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ode to Snow!!

It's funny when you get what you wish for! After several days of epic snowfall it occurred to me that this was exactly what I had been praying for. No, not that the entire region’s transportation would be virtually paralyzed and that retailers already diminishing bottom line would dive off as shoppers stayed home warm, safe, and dry. My wish was for more family time before Christmas hit. More time to play, decorate, bake, and enjoy the true joy of the Christmas season together. And, with all the cancellations of various activities, we did indeed have more time together. As it turned out, it was mostly more time to whine about being bored, more times of cleaning up dripping snow clothes and boots, more time to shovel the walk and the driveway (uselessly, I might add!! Good workouts, though!)and more time to panic about all the things I hadn't and couldn't finish before Christmas! Curse that more time! But, actually, we did have some good times. The kids had great times playing in the snow several times each day. Luke really began to like it and wanted his boots on every time the older kids got theirs out. We had some fun family adventures in the snow. We made many, many, Pizelles (and ate many, many, too!) and got to give some away. The girls really enjoyed hiking through the neighborhood to make Christmas goodies deliveries. We played many games and drank much hot cocoa and listened to hours of Christmas music. All cozy in our warm house surrounded by FEET of snow. Love it, crazy, crazy, snow! Now, it is time for you to go...

2 comments:

Susan said...

I agree...the snow was beautiful and fun...for a while..now I'm so glad it's on it's way out. Is so nice to be able to drive around our neighborhood..now if only they'd come pick up our garbage that's been sitting out there for two weeks! I'm glad you had time to make the pizelles, they were yummy! Thanks for sharing them and for having us over to play "----- man" I didn't know if I could say "-----" on your blog! Great new fam picture, but where are you?

Eric and Rozanne said...

Isn't it funny the ways that our prayers are answered sometimes--in the least likely ways! :)